[Sorry if this is coming through twice. I unsubbed a while ago, forgot I had unsubbed, posted this question to the list, and got a message back saying it would be queued for moderator approval. I don't know if the moderators approved this message when I first sent it to the list. If anybody replied to the list, I didn't see it.]

How can I see *exactly* what HTTP headers are sent when I create a UserAgent object, a Request object, and make the request using the user-agent?

e.g. in this code:

use strict;
use LWP::UserAgent;

my $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
$ua->agent("Netscape/4.75");

my $url = 'http://www.yahoo.com/';

my $req = HTTP::Request->new('GET', $url);
print "Request headers: " . $req->as_string . "\n";
my $res = $ua->request($req);

the $req->as_string part doesn't show the headers that will be sent with the request. But then, how could it anyway, because there are some headers, like "User-Agent: Netscape/4.75", that would be due to properties I'd set on the UserAgent object, and the Request object would have no way of knowing about them.