Friends,

I think its hightime for me to subscribe to a Unix group. If you guys know
any, please let me know.

I have several scripts running in the back ground and I used "nohup command
&"

Every 90 days, I am needing to kill those commands and restart the process
again (ie. nohup command &). This is for some clean up.

How can kill those processes from a script program because I have so many
commands(each run a script file). Once I kill those commands, I want to
restart the nohup command to run the processes in the background. How can I
do this in the form of a script program or perl program(if any)?

Like a script program for nohup would be like...

#! /usr/bin/sh
nohup command1 &
nohup command2 &
nohup command3 &
.
.
.
.
.

and to kill the processes would be like

#! /usr/bin/sh
kill command1
kill command2
kill command3
.
.
.
.

can you guys please help me with this?

I will keep my thinking open meanwhile. The only idea I got so far is this..

ps -ef | awk '{print $1}' which prints all the users running the processes.
So if I could capture my ID, then I should be able to kill my ID. But I
don't know if I can kill based on UID ratherthan PID once I figure out how
to get my ID.

Any kind of input/ideas is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Regards,
Hari.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. You may NOT use, disclose, copy or disseminate this
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail immediately.  Please destroy all copies of the
original message and all attachments. Your cooperation is greatly
appreciated.
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 East 17th Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201