On 30 Jul 03, Sam Schinke ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hello Sisyphus,
>
> Tuesday, July 29, 2003, 8:36:41 PM, you wrote:
>

> S> An excerpt received off-list (my thanks to that person) which I'd like to
> S> post to the list:
>

> >> It  seems  that the problem arises from the mail client used by the
> >> sender.  Take  a  look  at  the  header of the message from Stephen
> >> Patterson. IMHO, OE does EXACTLY what the header says
> OE does treat the MIME type correctly. It is a "standard" MIME type.

Yup, I'm signing all my messages the standard way, and seeing as
pegasus, mutt and mozilla (and probably more) programs interpret them
correctly, we can see that MS is off doing their usual thing.

Just to give a little perspective on things, I started signing
messages after I noticed my mailserver was getting a lot of rejections
due to people sending spam with headers forged to appear as though
they came from (non-existing) accounts on my server. The signature on
my messages verifies that the message came from me and that it has not
been altered, just in case people started picking my username to put
in forged headers.

--
Stephen Patterson http://www.lexx.uklinux.net http://patter.mine.nu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  remove SPAM to reply