Hi,

This may be a stupid question, but my excuse is that I am still on the low end of the
perl learning curve.

My question: Is there any way to speed up the response the interpreter gives when
there is an error in my script? Sometimes it takes upwords of thirty seconds for the
response page to be returned by cgi::carp.

I am running everything on my laptop (while not connected to the internet - localhost)
using win 98, apache, mysql.

Sometimes there is a long wait when executing new (or just edited) perl scripts,
especially when they are making calls to the database. But when I hit the refresh
button, they execute quickly (less than a second).

Any suggestions for tracking down the source of the delays would be helpful.

Also, is there a searchable archive of this list?

Thanks,
Roland