I've tried playing around with it myself, but it hasn't been updated since sometime in
2000, and doesn't work with anything newer than NT 4. (a lot of functions crash on
win2k pro for instance)

Basically the Win32 API RAS calls change between versions of Windows, so Win32::RASE
would have to be updated to accomodate that.

Looking at the module, there are many areas that I can't figure out, such as why
certain variables are defined the way they are, etc, and there are no internal code
comments, so updating it myself is out of my league.

I've been playing off-and-on for a bit on other ways to control RAS on Win32, in
particular to programatically create a new DUN connection;  my next experiment will be
using Perl's C pre-processor functions and simply including the ras.h and other C
header files from MinGW.

I looked at doing something similar with SWIG (importing the C header files) but
apparently SWIG needs you manually enter typedefs again in SWIG's own format, and
there are a whole lot of them.

So it's an adventure :)

Glenn