I'm using Archive::Zip and Archive::Zip::Tree to zip a hefty folder, and
its sub folders. What I'd like to do is display how much has been done.

Since perl executes line by line I was wondering how to display the
percentage completed. I mean nothing is going to execute until these
lines get done:

die "Write error to $ZipFile" if $Zip->addTree($ServerDir) != AZ_OK;
$Zip->writeToFileNamed($ZipFile);

Threads and forks sounded like trees to bark at, but googling hasn't
provided any help as to whether I should or shouldn't. Plus I got put
off with my 5.6 and the ithreads argument.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Just in