lorid wrote:

> This is the first time Ive tried to create a module, this module was
> created solely for
> the purpose of learning....
>
> I created a simple module and created a .pl file to test its use.
> Amazingly it worked.
>
> I just have 2 questions, one is in which folder do I put my module?
> ...so far I have found 3 different
> lib folders under Perl  (all default folders .... I installed via Active
> State) ---
>
> Currently I put it in all 3 of these folders:
>
> Perl\html\lib
> Perl\lib
> Perl\site\lib

Just the last one is fine.  The HTML below would go in

        ...perl\html\site\lib

under the correct subdir (if there is a subdir).

> I cant figure out the syntax for using pod2html
> the synopsis of the man page for pod2html
>
> so I tried pod2html --infile=<MyModule.pm> --outfile=<MyModule.pod>
>
> The helpful error msg:
>    The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Start by dropping the < and > - <name> means to substitute your name there
without the <>.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]