Tried warnings, unfortunally did not give me any usefull hints.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sisyphus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 12:24 PM
To: Kraaijer Ronald
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Win32::Service

Kraaijer Ronald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to manage services on my Win NT 4 station using Win32::Service, but
> somehow it doesn't do as asked.
> Below a code snippet, the service Alerter is not started when I'm running
> this.
>
> Any Ideas?

use warnings;

> use Win32::Service;
> $hostName = "127.0.0.1";
> $serviceName = "Alerter";
> %status = "";
> $ref = \%status;
> Win32::Service::StartService($hostName ,$serviceName);
>
> Win32::Service::GetStatus($hostName, $serviceName, $ref);

Hopefully that will provide a clue as to what the problem is.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail
server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an

Disclaimer - Winterthur Europe Assurances - Avenue des Arts/Kunstlaan 56 -  1000
Brussels - Belgium.
This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail. You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any
action in reliance on it.
This e-mail message and any attached files have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses. However, you are advised that
you open any attachments at your own risk.