Eric Edwards wrote:
It gives me the correct directory and filename but it does not delete the
file.
Eric

The filename you give it needs to be in the directory that is printed out. If you want it to delete a file in some other directory you need to provide the path to that file as well:

perl the_script.pl C:/my_stuff/for_deletion/delete_me.txt

Now ... if the actual path to the actual file you want to unlink happens to have one or more spaces in it (eg 'My Documents') then that still won't work.

(Best to reply to posts by adding to the bottom, rather than the top. Also delete any irrelevant stuff from earlier posts before posting :-)

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an attachment, please provide advance warning so that I can make the necessary arrangements.