thanks but if there is another way to do this (a perl configuration script
maybe -- that edits the required parts of the registry or whatever thing the
activeperl installation program does), I'd like to know it :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Griffiths [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 12:36 AM
To: Burak Gürsoy
Cc: Perl-Win32-Users
Subject: Re: configure perlscript

Burak Gürsoy wrote:
> I've installed activeperl (a long time ago) on win98 and now I'm
> using windows 2000 for a while, but I'm also using perl that I've
> installed on win98, because of this, I can not use perlscript in asp
> pages and wsh under
> windows2000, is there a way to *fix* this problem or must I install
> perl again? I rarely need perlscript but I need it for the "OLE
> Browser" that comes with ActivePerl...

i assume you want to use the same perl because you want to preserve the
modules you have installed over the same period of time, etc. also you
might not be sure where to get said (i assume older) version.

first off, all previous ActivePerl releases are available here:

ftp://ftp.activestate.com/ActivePerl

What I recommend is this:

1. backup your precious perl install to a zip file in case something
goes wrong =)
2. delete all subfolders and files in c:\perl except site/lib
3. grab an installer for the exact same version of ActivePerl from the
ftp and then install it directly over top. This should preserve any
installed / compiled modules that aren't included with that ActivePerl,
as well as restoring PerlScript etc.
4. if anything is amiss you can still restore specific files from your
back-up =)

regards, jeffG