Dembskey, E. (Evan) wrote:

It was suggested I try set an Environment Variable to a proxy server, I did this, but get the same error or it times out. So I went to http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/ and downloaded DBI-1.39.zip, unzipped it in a directory called perl/install and followed the instructions in the readme file (ppm install dbi.ppd), whch resulted in the following error:

C:\PROGRA~1\ejd\perl\bin>ppm install dbi.ppd
Retrieving package 'dbi.ppd'...
Error installing package 'dbi.ppd': Could not locate a PPM binary of 'dbi.ppd' for this platform

If you unzipped the download to C:\perl\install you need to cd to *that* directory and then run 'ppm install DBI.ppd':

C:\perl\install>ppm install DBI.ppd

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an attachment, please provide advance warning so that I can make the necessary arrangements.