Ken Cornetet wrote:
You will not be able to use modules containing compiled code without
compiling them yourself.

Actually, any of the ActiveState ppm's that I've installed on my mingw-built perl have worked fine. I've also installed mingw-built binaries on AS perl without any problem.

Having the mingw compiler does however enable you to build your perl with different build options (eg no multithreading). And it does enable you to build (XS) modules for which no ppm exists (eg your own modules) ..... all of that without having to spend a cent.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an attachment, please provide advance warning so that I can make the necessary arrangements.