$Bill wrote:

>Hit the 'End' key (or maybe Ctrl-End) and go to the bottom of the email
>and remove the .sig from the prior post.  Then use your up-arrow key or
>PageUp and move up into the email and find the portion of the post that
>you want to respond to.  Place your response under that portion and
>remove any other portions that have no relevance to the portion you
>are responding to.

$Bill,
   Thanks for the info. I've been experimenting with it, but it doesn't
seem to work like you suggested.
   I suppose I really should dig into the Notes manuals and see if there's
a way to make this a tad less tiresome.
   As it is, Notes won't let me edit the text copied automaticaly into the
reply portion of the message. So until I figure out a better way, I'll just
resort to the old and reliable copy&paste procedure switching between the
receive and reply windows.
Cheers,
Luiz George.

/Luiz George Ramsey Barreiros