Hi,

I don't want to start a huge flame war with this question,
so please exercise restraint.

I have just started to use Perl under Windows NT.  I have
been using Wordpad to edit my perl scripts simply because it
is there (and Notepad doesn't have search and replace).  My
problem is that perl error messages say "error at line 187",
and if I try to count down that far then I get lost.

So, what is a nice simple editor that will allow me to jump
to line 187?  Note the word "simple"; if Wordpad can be made
to do this then that would be the preferred solution.  I
could use MS Word (Edit->Find->Go To->Line) but this seems
like overkill.

My background is UNIX under which I used "vi" to edit text
files.  I can probably find a port of "vi" to Windows NT,
but wondered what others use.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Regards,
Martin