Hello Richard,

Please reply to the list... My suggestion didn't work, and knowing that
maybe someone else can go a step further. If you only reply to me others
might think my suggestion worked for you since they didn't see a reply from
you.

> Interesting thought, but I changed up the code and it had no
effect...argh!

Hmmm... Did you try what Joseph said, which is creating your hash using
parentheses instead of curlies?

my %shareinfo = ( RemoteName => $share );
Win32::NetResource::AddConnection(\%shareinfo,$pw,$username,0);

Alternately, you could have created your hash directly as a ref and used it
as such:

my $shareinfoRef = { RemoteName => $share };
Win32::NetResource::AddConnection($shareinfo,$pw,$username,0);

Notice that the ref was created with curlies instead of parens, and that you
don't have to put a backslash when passing it to AddConnection, since it's a
scalar which contains a hash ref...

You can read up on references in
perldoc perlref

Hope this helps,