Thanks Ken.

ASPEncrypt also has a 30 day free evaluation - so I'll give it a try.

Mike

Ken Cornetet wrote:

We did this on a past project using ASPEncrypt, which is fairly
inexpensive. We called it from VBScript, but it could be called from
perl (using Win32::OLE) as well. Note that I've never tested it from
perl, just that it looks like it should work.

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Trotman Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:31 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: HOWTO Encrypt mail for MS OUtlook

Hi.

I'm considering a project that may involve sending encrypted messages (from an IIS server) to MS Outlook.
Has anyone successfully done this - and if so how?
(and were there any commercial / cryptography legal issues to consider).

I'm assuming that I will need to use some form of S/MIME - and as far as

I can tell there are no PERL modules for Win32 that will accomplish
this, though there are a couple (Crypt::OpenSSL::SMIME and OpenCA::OpenSSL::SMIME) that will do this on other platforms.

As far as I can tell most of the relevant Crypt / Security / PGP modules

seem un-implemented for MS Windows.

If this is a poorly supported area then I may need to rethink my
approach.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

Mike

-- Datalucid Limited 8 Eileen Road South Norwood London SE25 5EJ United Kingdom

/
tel :0208-239-6810
mob: 0794-725-9760
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]