> That being said, the only difference I see in your two
> examples is that the second one has a space in an argument,
> which will be seen by the shell as two arguments. You will
> need to escape it like "my\\ scripts" so that a literal
> backslash gets through to the shell.

Oops, I was thinking Unix, wasn't I? If you want quotes to get through, try
using qq(), e.g.

my $arg2 = qq("c:/my scripts/another.txt");

- Mark.

--
Mark Thomas                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Architect     DigitalNet, Inc.

$_=q;KvtuyboopuifeyQQfeemyibdlfee;; y.e.s. ;y+B-x+A-w+s; ;y;y; ;;print;;