Larry Linskey wrote:
> Hi,  I have been only working with perl for a few weeks now.
>

>  I am wondering if anyone has a cgi script that I could post on a
> website that would allow users to grep files for a string.  I am
> constantly parsing smtp logs for users that did not receive an email .
> I would love to offer such a tool to our support desk.

That's pretty simple stuff really.  On UNIX, it would be simpler to
run a grep on the files externally and return the results.  On Doze,
you could do the same using findstr (if you have it on your flavor
of Doze) or use File::Find and slurp and grep the files one at a time
in your script.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]