[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mulley, Nikhil
>Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 5:32 AM
>
>Exactly , I am doing it from past 2 days on my machine , but failing on
remote machines.

>And I am not sure which version of Firefox is being used by the user,(
I do not want to hard code the Firefox Version
>number to search for in the script )
>So , being Little  lazy abt it ....

In the future, please post in Plain Text. :D

Remote machines

If the hash is tied to the virtual root of the registry [or the virtual
root of a remote machine's registry], then we treat hash key strings
which start with the delimiter character specially.

If the hash key string starts with two delimiters in a row, then those
should be immediately followed by the name of a remote machine whose
registry we wish to connect to. That can be followed by a delimiter and
more subkey names, etc. If the machine name is not following by
anything, then a virtual root for the remote machine's registry is
created, a hash is tied to it, and a reference to that hash it is
returned.
Reading that documentation entry, you should be able to use
Win32::TieRegistry to do what you need.

When referencing the registry, use 2 consequtive delimiters.  I am using
a slash as my delimiter.

ex.   //REMOTE_COMPUTER/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Mozilla/

Adam