Steven Manross wrote:
> I'll go one further, and I was looking at this earlier today and
> couldn't get anything to EnumAllObjects or GetActiveObjects (not knowing
> this thread was here) and tried to get an active instance of IE in quite
> the same way without any luck.

I can start MSIE, but I can't get the active one.
I can get an active Excel though.
I'm thinking the Classname isn't matching ?  I thought maybe it
had something to do with the fact that my default browser isn't
MSIE, but haven't been able to verify.

> I do remember being able to do this 6 months to a year ago but so much
> has changed since then..  :)
>
> As well, the EnumAllObjects test code that is in the OLE.html docs do
> not work and is NOT limited to InternetExplorer.Application and doesn't
> seem to work for Excel.Application also, so I would assume that this is
> a wider spread problem than 1 or 2 COM objects -- I looked at DCOMCNFG
> just in case it was a perms problem.
>
> use Win32::OLE;
> $Count = Win32::OLE->EnumAllObjects(sub {
>     my $Object = shift;
>     my $Class = Win32::OLE->QueryObjectType($Object);
>     printf "# Object=%s Class=%s\n", $Object, $Class;
> });

That works for me at least with Excel objects.

> But of course, I can create either of these objects in my context..  It
> seems that the Running Object Table is out of my grasp now (but maybe my
> guess as to what the problem is -- ROT -- is wrong).  :(
>
> W2K3, all Service Patches and IE patches.

XP ProSP2

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]