Sisyphus wrote:

> Was that the full error statement ? Maybe there was more:
> sh: type: filename.txt not found

No.  Just "filename.txt not found"

> if ($^O eq 'MSWin32') returns true, then the cmd.exe system commands
> will be available.

Other windows system commands do work.  Like
  `rename filename.txt newfile.txt`
   print `dir /b/ad`
Etc...

> Other than that *I'm* just plain curious to know how this has
> come about :-)
>
> Now - for a possible fix:
> Run dmake clean.
> Alter the line (in makefile.mk) from:
> #SHELL        *= g:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe
> to:
> SHELL *= C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe
>
> If you go to the trouble of doing that could you let me know
> whether it
> works or not ? I've never had cause to fiddle with that configuration
> option and I don't know if it's going to have the desired effect :-)

Actually, I did try that when I rebuilt the second time.
  SHELL *= C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
I tried it once with make clean, then I deleted the entire build and
downloaded a fresh stable source.

The effect is the same, I still get the same errors during test.  So
the option works correctly, but has no effect on my issue.  There
are several "file not founds" during the test, I think maybe this
has something to do with it?   (see my new thread where I print
more of the error details...)

Thanks,
Rob