On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
>
> > I'm not sure what caused that error - it may be the
> > download got corrupted. If you try again, does the same
> > error consistently arise?
>
> Yes, I get the same error.
> (I can do it with my another PC without proxy.)

> C:\>ppm
> PPM - Programmer's Package Manager version 3.1.
> Copyright (c) 2001 ActiveState Corp. All Rights Reserved.
> ActiveState is a devision of Sophos.
>
> Entering interactive shell. Using Term::ReadLine::Stub as readline library.
>
> Type 'help' to get started.
>
> ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Apache-Template.ppd
> Error: Package 'libapreq2' not found. Please 'search' for it first.

This problem arises because ppm doesn't have in its
repository list the theoryx5 site. You can do so within
the ppm shell be adding
 http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
as a repository (for ActivePerl 8xx). That way, dependencies
that arise that can be satisfied from this site can be used.

> ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/libapreq2.ppd
> ====================
> Install 'libapreq2' version 2.04-dev in ActivePerl 5.8.4.810.
> ====================
> Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Apache\Upload.pm
>
> The Apache2 module mod_apreq.so and the dll libapreq2.dll are needed to
> complete the installation. I will now fetch and install
> these for you.
>
> Install under "C:/Apache2"? [yes]
> fetching CHECKSUMS ...  done!
> Could not open CHECKSUMS:
[ ... ]
Unfortunately, this is the same problem that arose with
running the mod_perl post-install script from within ppm;
the script fetches some external files, if needed, and it
obviously has problems with firewalls. I'll look at that; it
just uses the getstore() method of LWP::Simple, which I
thought would take care of things like that (assuming the
relevant environment variables are set). In the meantime,
you can manually complete the libapreq2 installation by
fetching libapreq2.dll and mod_apreq.so from
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/ and place them,
respectively, under $APACHE2/bin/ and $APACHE2/modules/,
where $APACHE2 is the root directory of your Apache2
installation. You may then need a
   LoadFile "/Path/to/Apache2/bin/libapreq2.dll"
directive in your Apache2 httpd.conf.

--
best regards,
randy