On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Lyle Kopnicky wrote:
> I hope the same will work on NT 4.0. I wonder why MSVCR70.dll isn't
> mentioned in the documentation for Win32::AdminMisc, and isn't
> installed automatically by PPM.

It is the C runtime library for Microsoft VC++ 7.0. Dave Roth used it to
compile his modules with it, so he should have bundled the library in
his PPM package. When he switches to VC++ 7.1 he will start requiring
MSVCR71.dll for his modules etc.

ActiveState compiles all ActivePerl releases and PPM modules using VC++
6.0 which uses the MSVCRT.dll runtime library. That library is part of
the operating system and is updated by Microsoft with OS updates etc, so
there is no need to distribute additional libraries.

Cheers,
-Jan