Hi all,

I try to get Perl to open a file over a share within a CGI process, like:

print "Content-Type: text/plain\n\n";
$test = "\\\\server\\publicshare\\file.txt";
unless (open (READ, $test)) {
 print "Unable to open $test: $! for $ENV{AUTH_USER}";
 exit;
 }
@read = <READ>;
close READ;
print @read;

The script is protected under integrated windows authentication.  The share
has permissions Everyone Read and so are the permissions for NTFS on folder
and file.  The script outputs:

Unable to open \\server\publicshare\file.txt: Permission denied for
MYDOMAIN\myaccount

I get the impression that accessing a share is anyway not permitted.  Is
that right?  Or have I been pulling out too much hair today?

Thanks in advance,

Koen Kamphuys
Webmaster Ministry of Agriculture, Nature & Food Quality, Netherlands