Title: HTTP synch

Hi,
I have a script that uses shells to run a wget command, in order to synch a web site with a local folder. The web site is the source and the local folder is the destination.

Currently it just blindly copies the website down to the local folder without performing any checks. However, I would like to modify the functionality to verify the local files and the server files are the same size, to reduce traffic during the transfer process and the duration of the script.

My connection to the web server is fast, but there are several (~100) GB of data to be synched..
Anyone have any ideas ?

regards,

Conor

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action taken or any views, opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the sending individual and not necessarily those of the firm. It is possible for data transmitted by e-mail to be deliberately or accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason where the communication is by e-mail, J&E Davy does not accept any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise from the use of this medium. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this e-mail from your system.