I'm trying to use Win32::Process to run an external program asynchronously
while I run a countdown timer in the main program. If the timer runs out, I
want to kill the other program/process. I am able to create the second process
fine, my program continues to the timer, but when the timer expires and the
program tries to execute:
    $ChilcProcObj->Kill(0);   # or 1 or -1
I get a message:  Your vendor has not defined Win32::Process macro kill, used
at TestFork3.pl line 51. at C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/Process.pm line 47. I don't
know anything about the internals of this module -- was something not compiled
in?

This happens regardless of whether the second process is still running when the
timer expires, or if it ended on its own earlier.

I found a posting in another forum where someone ran into the same problem, but
got no helpful responses. I'm using perl v5.8.3 built for
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread.

Is this a problem fixed in a later version perhaps? I was going to try a later
version, but the ActiveState download site wasn't working. (It returns "Script
failed to send data.")

Thanks,
Garyl Erickson