Has anyone ever accidentally changed the stdout for perl to nowhere. I can't
print anything to the screen from the command prompt with -

#! /usr/bin/perl-w
use strict;
print "Hello world. \n";
exit;

result = ""
I run perl 5.6 on a windoze machine, this is the first time I've ever seen
this.
I checked the last few programs that I ran with perl and can't find anything
that would have changed any environment variables.
Does anyone know what I might have messed up, or how I could debug
this problem .

I have tested several programs. I have also run a program that prints to a
file without any problems. I ran perldoc on '-q output' and that printed out
to the screen without any problems as well. Isn't  perldoc run with perl.exe
too? So, why does it print to the screen? I can't understand this at all.