thinbrowser wrote:

also, try printing in a editor that captures ouput,
and also allows you to submit arguments just like on a command prompt.
Crimson Editor (windoz freeware) does that.
Let us know if anything you try .. works?

Thanks for all the great advice. I was able to track down the problem. I'm still trying to work out the details of how it happened. I thought that I had checked the file association for my scripts, but I only associated the extension for one run and that was from windoz not from the command prompt so I didn't see the output. I changed the file association and checked the box for 'use this association all the time' and now it works fine. I am going to try and find out what the association was that kept the output from going to the screen and I'll reply when I have it figured out.
Thanks again for everyones input.
-Matthew
As promised this is what happened, I was messing around with pTk and wanted to run my pTk scripts without a command window getting in the way, so I associated a new extension - '.wpl' with wperl to run my pTk scripts with, and while doing this I accidentally selected a program with a .pl extension and permanently associated all my perl programs with wperl. Needless to say that explains there being no output to the command window.
Again thanks for everyone's help.
-Matthew