From: Jim Guion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:46 AM
To: Aaron.Tesch; perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: RE: :Telnet and Windows Telnet Server --- any alternatives?

I did try it on 2k3 and found:

1 - yes, I can execute commands (for instance, copy file1 file2, cd,
dir>dir.txt, etc.

...BUT...

2 - I do not see the results of the commands.  If I do a dir or ipconfig
command, the server sends me no output, just the next prompt (I know
this from a sniffer trace and from the dump log using Net::Telnet in
Perl when using a perl telnet client).  This is using a Perl telnet
client, of course.  If I use the Windows Telnet client, I do get the
output of the command. The only way I know those commands work is by
redirecting their output to a file and the viewing the file on the
target system.

Anyone know how to get the server to send me the output which I
desperately need to see?

Thanks,

Jim Guion
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer