"
 Can some one explain why bottom posting is preferred to top posting? I view
my email with a preview box sorted by subject and order received. I like top
posting better because I don't have to scroll to the bottom to see the
reply.
"

A. Top-posting

Ideally, people would trim anything not needed for context, and inter-post.
That eliminates most of the scrolling, and puts the answers right next to
the questions.

As I read this stuff in the digest form, it doesn't much matter to me
whether people top-, bottom-, or inter-post, as with all the quoted sigs etc
the whole damn thing's a mess that takes a while to decode however it was
originally sent.

You use the preview box? What client? Does your antivirus scan the server
before the stuff hits that preview?