From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Robert Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 4:40 AM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Modem File Transfer help

i have some devices that send data files via ZModem.   i want to
automate the process of receiving these files for parsing via a perl
script.

after searching CPAN and other sites, i find that it's not as easy as i
would have thought.

Devices::Modem doesnt allow file transfer, and is apparently very
limited in the things that it can do.  mgetty/vgetty is only for *nix
machines.   these are the only things i can find related to modems.

is getting a modem connection via perl that difficult?

any help will be great, thanks

robert

(ps, this was sent earlier from work, with the silly ATT\d+.txt webmail
attachment)