Hi all.
I am considering writing a perl utility to extract information from, and change
information in, MS-Project files. I've used OLE from perl with Excel before and
been moderately successful. I am hoping that there's a fairly straightforward
way to query/set details in project. That said, Project's always been a bit
'standalone' in the MS product range, and googling for 'perl ms-project' and
similar throws up people's resumes more often than not.

Of course the long way around is to use Project to export an access db or excel
sheet first, but this is a bit ugly and requires Project locally. I may well
resort to that, but even then - does anybody have any hints as to how to
automate the conversion from perl? e.g. (open ole connection to project, open
file, select fields, export file, close)?

anything relevant much appreciated, i'll post back whatever half-baked solution
i come up with meanwhile...

ed chester