Michael D Schleif wrote:

> I have a perl program that successfully processes a set of text files.
> So far, the UI is to pass the incoming text file to the program on the
> command line.
>
> Users want an icon on their desktops, and they want to drag the text
> file onto this icon, in order to process the file.
>
> I have not been able to figure out how to do this.
>
> What do you think?

Have you tried creating a shortcut to Perl and renaming it to the
name of the Perl script and add the path to the perl script as an
arg ?

Set Properties->Shortcut->Target to something like :

C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe C:\Home\Me\test.pl         (adjust the arg to point to
your script)

And test.pl:

use strict;
use Win32;

my $msg = '';
$msg .= "$_\n" foreach @ARGV;
Win32::MsgBox($msg);    # print args in MsgBox

__END__

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]