I realize this is not strickly the correct place to ask but I'm hoping for some direction. My Google searches have not been useful.

I have a script that is called as a CGI ( index.pl ) that needs to write some configuration data to a ( mapped/mounted ) share on another system. To date I've had no success doing this. I've had to resort to writing to a directory ( folder ) on the local machine and then map/mount that on the other system.

The writing to a mounted Windows share from a Linux box works fine. I know how to allow that kind access from UNIX/Linux but Windows to Windows is stumping me.

I suspect it has to do with which id/account IIS is running the scripts as but the "Windows Experts" haven't been able to offered successful help.

Anyone do this type of hybrid scripting? IIS runs script that needs to write to a ( mapped ) share on another system.

TIA, ( and sorry for the off topic post )
Rod
--

---