Chris wrote:

> Has anyone written (or know where to find) code that will produce a sitemap?

Define sitemap - maybe a crude text picture.

> I'm looking for something that uses LWP or similar to map a very large
> dynamic site. I need a replacement for Google's python scripts.

The best way to do that is FTP if available since if you use LWP,
you may get into CGI produced pages and such which don't reflect
the actual site content - but maybe that's what you want.

You can certainly use LWP or WWW::Mechanize or similar solutions.
There are lwp-* scripts in your bin dir (like lwp-mirror which uses
LWP::Simple::mirror to D/L) that can also be useful examples and
the /site/lib/lwpcook.pod is useful.

If you want a true mirror of the site locally, FTP recursing down the
site tree is the way to go.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]