-----Original Message-----
From: $Bill Luebkert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:51 PM
To: Popovici Nicolae (HTX)
Cc: Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Re: Installl CPAN packages without ftp.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Tried that. Unfourtunately the package does not find the
> Class-ErrorHandler package on the uwinnipeg server. This is the error
> message that I get:
> ppm> install Net-SFTP
> Error: Package 'Class-ErrorHandler' not found on server. Please
> 'search' for it first.
> ppm>
> I did find the package on CPAN and I install it on my machine. However
> ppm>search Class-ErrorHandler
> on my local repository does not find it. Any ideeas of what may be
> wrong?

Don't know.  Why didn't you say PPM was OK ?  I would always use PPM
over CPAN if available.

Try doing a PPM search and install from AS site for your
Class-ErrorHandler module.  Then go back and try Net-SFTP again
(uninstall of necessary).

Here's an older version if you can't get .09 running:
        http://www.soulcage.net/ppds/PPDS.58/

It looks like it runs on my machine now. Thanks Bill, thanks Rob. It was
a combination of the packages from ActiveState and uwinnipeg packages.

Now, I said that it looks like it is running on my machine because when
I packed it with pp and run the result on another machine it complains
with the following error message:
============
Can't locate Net/SSH/Perl/Util/SSH2MP.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
CODE(0xcc384c) CODE(0xdbac7c) .) at
 C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/SSH/Perl/Util.pm line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/SFTP/Buffer.pm
line 9.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/SFTP/Attributes.pm
line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/SFTP/Attributes.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/SFTP.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/SFTP.pm line
8.
Compilation failed in require at script/secFTP.pl line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/secFTP.pl line 9.

Here is my small sftp test program.
==============================

use strict;
use warnings;

use Net::SFTP;

sub SendFileOverFTP {

 #      my($file,$local)= @_;

        my %args = (
        user => "someuser",
        password => "xxxxxxx",
        debug => "true",
        );

        my %defaultArgs = (
        FTPServer => "MyFtpSite",
        FTPRemoteDir => "someDir");

        my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($defaultArgs{FTPServer},%args);

      my $openFtpDir =  $sftp->do_open($defaultArgs{FTPRemoteDir});
        if ( !defined($openFtpDir) ) {
                 print "failed to open the ftp directory\n";
        }

        my $local = "someFile.txt";
        my $remote = "someFile.txt";

        my $ergebnis = $sftp->put($local,$remote);

        if ( !defined($ergebnis) )
        {
                print "error\n";
        }