On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Sisyphus wrote:

It's pure perl, so you could install from CPAN source (
http://search.cpan.org ) using nmake.

You can get nmake15.exe from either :
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe or :
http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-US/Nmake15.exe

Just run the downloaded executable to install nmake to the location of your choice and make sure that location is in your system's path.

Then unpack the CPAN source tarball, cd to the folder that contains the unpacked files and run 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'nmake test'. If you're happy with the 'nmake test' results, run 'nmake install'. Looks like ActiveState don't have a ppm of the latest WWW::Mechanize because one of the tests failed or hanged. If the same happens for you, the choice is either to fix the problem, or just install it anyway and hope that the problem is not going to affect the things that you want to do. (Sometimes test failures arise from bugs in the test scripts, rather than bugs in the module being tested.)

On my system, the tests that failed had to do with connecting to a live server; the failures may have been
due to changes in the content from the server that
the tests expect. All of the non-live tests passed.

Rob's advice about getting 'nmake' and subsequently installing pure Perl modules yourself is good, so that one doesn't run into delays like this. If desired, though, I put up a current WWW-Mechanize package in our repository at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/.

--
best regards,
randy