Hi Octavian,
I'm a newbie as far as the Win32::GUI package goes having only read the tutorial and built simple forms. However, I've done some basic Win32 stuff in plain old C but consider myself still a newbie in the subject.

As to tab handling, are you using dialog boxes rather than windows? I don't know about Win32::GUI, but in the raw WIn32 API dialogs have a built-in keyboard manager that takes care of the standard keyboared shortcuts. If you build directly on top of an application window, you need to respond to the tab presses yourself in the window procedure and do the right thing, namely set the focus to the desired control.

I guess Win32::GUI is my only real option of building a GUI because TK is not really accessible with current screen reader applications. Naturally I wouldn't want to build something I cannot use myself. I've got trouble even having a basic tab order working in a set of check boxes. SUre I can move between them with the arrows but tab and shift+tab don't work as expected. As a keyboard user, it is crutial to have each and every control in the tab order or provide some other direct means of accessing it.

Finally, if I don't want to do a full GUI, would anyone happen to know whether there are WIn32 ports of frameworks for building simple ASCII dialogs? I used to run Debian Linux for a while and most of the textmode setup dialogs had a uniform look and feel. What kind of libs are Debian, Redhat etc... using in ASCII wizards and can I get the same thing for Windows applications in Perl?

With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a tab strip control using Win32::GUI::TabStrip or
Win32::GUI::TabFrame.

I have used:

$Win->{-dialogui} = 1;
and
$Tab->{-tabstop} = 1;

I can move the focus only from a tab strip title to the next or previous
one using the left and right arrow keys, but I cannot move the cursor in
one of the pages using the tab keys.

If I select one of the controls from a page using the mouse, the focus
doesn't move if I press control+tab or control+shift+tab, although it
should move to the next or prior page.

Please tell me how can I make that tab strip work like almost all the tab
strips found in other programs.
(I want to be able to move from a control to the next one using the tab
key, to the previous using shift+tab, and from a page to another using
control+tab or control+shift+tab.)