From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ross Matt-QMR000
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 12:17 PM
To: Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: RE: File property values

 The Audio::WMA did the trick thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chaddai
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 3:40 AM
To: Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.ActiveState.com

Matt Ross a écrit :
> OK I downloaded the script that you referenced and ran the following
> code ( found the snippet in another e-mail)  it does not return any
> errors. The Sites documentation states that it the DSOFile only works
> on office files. So I set it up to pull from an Excel file BINGO got
> data back and then ran it against the .wma file nothing.  So any other
> idea's I really would like to pull the track numbers from the wave
> files

DSOFile only read and write a set amount of summary properties (the article
gives the list)... I tried Win32::File::Summary but it didn't help with the
music files, I don't know why ? You could try too.
Your only possibility seems to use the musical format modules to extract the
informations. With Audio::Wav, Audio::WMA and MP3::Tag you should find what you
need. Maybe Audio::DB could be of some interest too.

Good luck !

--
Jedaï