----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:05 PM
Subject: Trap window close

> Hi,
>
> Have looked at sigint to trap the "window close" event but am a little
lost.

Also took a look in MSDN, but got the impression that such events applied
only to web browser windows.

> We run some scripts in cmd prompt windows on win2k and I would like to
> ignore it if someone accidentally clicks the 'x' to close the window. Is
> that possible? Does someone have a bit of code?

You want to distinguish between an *accidental* click on 'x' and a
*deliberate* click on 'x' ?? (Of course you don't .... I'm just being
facetious :-)

Have you played with the idea of having the console window created by
"Administrator" ? I'm thinking that such a window could not be closed by
"User" (though that "thought" is untested). Perhaps 'perldoc Win32::Process'
and 'runas /?' could provide useful ideas in that regard.

SIG{INT} traps should work fine on Windows NT/2000/XP, but afaik, such
traps/handlers work only with regards to Ctrl-C, not with clicking on 'x'.

I'm no expert ... hopefully any incorrect statements I've made will be
corrected by those "in the know" .... stay tuned :-)

Cheers,
Rob