At 10:53 AM 12/1/2005 -0500, Ted Schuerzinger wrote:
>Just for fun, I changed one of the lines in that to
>
>for (1 .. 1000000) {
>
>When I ran the modified script, I got 32768 unique numbers, with 967232
>duplicates!  As 32768 is a power of 2, I'm wondering if there's a limit on
>the number of keys one may have in a hash.

Heh, I did that too, but kept it a secret.  That tells me rand is a very
weak function.  I think the 2^15 answer u got is a coincidence.  Do it 5
times, u'll get 5 answers.  It doesn't have anything to do with the hash
itself. (AFAIK)  It only gets invoked upon a *duplicate*, not a unique.  The
no. of keys is 967232.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100