Hi all,

I just purchased this book last week, and I will like to recommend this book to all Perl developers striving for Guru-ship. And no, I don't get commision for this (so I won't divulge much either).

It's an excellent book that does NOT talk about Perl the language, but rather how to do things better; mainly coding styles and techniques. To quote:

/Perl Best Practices/ offers a collection of 256 guidelines on the art of coding to help you write better Perl code--in fact, the best Perl code you possibly can. The guidelines cover code layout, naming conventions, choice of data and control structures, program decomposition, interface design and implementation, modularity, object orientation, error handling, testing, and debugging.

You can get more infomation at:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlbp/