I have a Tk::TextUndo widget. It has context menu which also holds Replace
option.
I put a single word 'gallo' as a text. Than choose Replace (Direction: any,
Mode: regexp, Case: any), put '.*' as a pattern and whatever as a replacement.
Push "ReplaceAll". Works fine.
Now I put as a text 'gallo' and from the next line 'ballo'. Than choose Replace
(Direction: any, Mode: regexp, Case: any), put '.*' as a pattern and non-empty
replacement. Push "ReplaceAll". The result - application is hanged (100% CPU
consumption). Works fine however if replacement is empty.

This wouldn't be the issue if
$text_undo->FindAndReplaceAll('-regexp', '-case', qr/.*/, 'whatever');
didn't behave the same nasty way.

Is it something I missed or is there a bug in Tk (ActivePerl 5.8.7.813)?

Thanks,
Artem A. Avetisyan