Hi all, I have the same issue (see subject title) as Trever in the mailing list. Unfortunately reading through the mailing list archive it seems that his problem was not resolved. I'm hoping to have better luck with you guys. :)

Basically, I need to know if my IO::Socket::INET socket connection is disconnected by the remote peer, in which case I will have to close the socket, reuse the thread for the next connection.

There were some mentions on using IO::Select:
my $select = IO::Select->new($sock);
while ($select->can_read)
{

But it seems that it does not help in detecting the connection state (it keeps returning 1).

Any ideas/ hints will be appreciated. Thanks.