Jan Dubois wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Lynn. Rickards wrote:

Thanks - that's a whole lot of steps in the right direction, but
brings up the question what is perlCOM? I have the PDK but no sign
there, and all the refs seem to indicate that is where it should be.

PerlCOM used to be part of the PDK but has been removed in PDK 5, I think.
It was never ported to Perl 5.8.  You can create a control yourself with
PerlCtrl that does most everything that PerlCOM did.
Aha!
ummm...any docs on this aspect of perlctrl in particular?

Set PerlCOM = CreateObject("PerlCOM.Script") throws an activex error,
cannot create object. The few other perl references I found, indicate
this should work?

The PerlCOM part should be irrelevant to your current problem.  It is
used in the sample to call from VBA into Perl.  I understand you just
want to add a VBA script to an Excel spreadsheet, but the VBA code doesn't
need to execute arbitrary Perl code.  The sample did show how to use
the VBA object model to add a code component.

Agreed...and I'm slowly getting where I want to be thanks to the example. The perlCOM just looked like a really neat-o way to replace VB with perl. Don't I recall a recent unsolved thread on that question?

 - Lynn.