At 05:56 AM 2/1/2006 -0000, amit  hetawal wrote:

>  I am a newbee in perl. Just wanted some guidance so as to how to
implement multidimensional arrays in perl. I have to create an 2-d array
with 26*26 of all the english alphabets so that for each row and column i
can have a partiulcar value like a to a =1
>b to a=2;

>I am just not getting how to implelment this.

>Can someone suggest something.

What do u mean by an array of the alphabet?  Arrays in perl can have numeric
indexes only.  So something like @array[a] is invalid.  U can specify two
dimensional values like $array[1][1] = "a";  that's offset column 1 row 1.
There are various methods to automatically generate a 2D array with loops
and maps.

3x3 2D array:

print $array[2][3];

####

REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100