Ooops .... sent the following to Thomas, but failed to CC the list:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Mostrup Nymand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sisyphus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:58 PM
Subject: SV: Problem loading OLE.dll on Windows 98

> Hi Rob
> You are absolutely right,  perl -MWin32::OLE -e 'print "ok\n"' triggers
> the same error:
>
> $ perl -MWin32::OLE -e 'print "ok"'
> Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin/auto/Win32/OLE/OLE.dll' for
> module Win32::OLE: Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
>  at -e line 0
>
> I checked permissions in the path, and they are drwxr-xr-x on all
> directories in the path.
>
> Under /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin/auto/ I have Tk installed
> and Im perfectly able to generate windows from perl using Tk.
> Proc::Processtable also has a dll in that path, and I can instantiate
> that also...

Clutching at straws:

Does the OLE.dll file have the same permissions as Tk.dll ?

Are there any other (Win32) dll's installed under the
'/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin/auto/Win32/' tree ? If so, can those
modules be successfully loaded ?

There must surely be something different about the Win32::OLE dll, or the
directory that houses it .... but it's hard to spot from here :-)

You might have to consult a Cygwin-specific list ... actually ... try the
'libwin' list first. I think there are some Cygwin people subscribed there
who probably aren't on *this* list - and since Win32::OLE is part of libwin,
it would be a reasonable place to post. You can subscribe by sending an
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Cheers,
Rob