Hi Chaddaï

My simplistic understanding (and I'm no Perl internals developer- just a user)  is that there are several reasons;

One:  SSL steps on a lot of patents-  Even SSLeay is pretty "underground" these days.

Two: Threading appears to always be an issue with SSL integration... at least it does with me when I attempt to use it with SOAP::Lite-   I just gave up on it and now use Curl command-lines in my Perl code .

Kevin

On 2/14/06, Chaddaï Fouché <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin Carothers a écrit :

> Hi Jaime-
> You need to provide more info.
> This link might help:
>    http://johnbokma.com/perl/https.html

I'm always a little bit surprised that ActiveState doesn't support
either Crypt::SSLeay or Net::SSLeay (for IO::Socket::SSL) since it's a
feature which is useful to so many programmers (it's a recurring
question on most of the forum/mailing-list I've read). If a guy from
ActiveState see this thread could he give us the reason why ?

--
Jedaï