Johan Lindström wrote:
At 21:51 2006-03-06, Lyle Kopnicky wrote:
What's the simplest way to make a deep copy of a data structure?
Certainly this must be in some standard module. I'm trying to back up a portion of the registry, using Win32::TieRegistry, to a nested hash inside the program. Later, I'll restore it.

Storable's dclone.
This does not do what I want.  Suppose I have the following:

use Win32::TieRegistry;
my $InternetSettings = $Registry->{'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft'
   . '/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/'};

Then if I apply dclone to $InternetSettings, it copies the entire object. I just want to copy the registry key as a nested hash.

--
Lyle Kopnicky
Software Project Engineer