I understand your confusion. If I were to
ppm install Underworld-Revolution

I will expect to:
use Underworld::Revolution;
and not
use Revolution;

Gary D Trosper wrote:

A confusing PPM experience

I'm running PPM v3.1 and ActiveState-Perl v5.8.0 MSwin32-x86-multi-thread on a WindowsXP system

I recently needed to do some PDF work so I located PDF::Xtract on CPAN.

I decided to try ppm (first timer)

ppm> install PDF::Xtract                -> Installation successful

perl -e "use PDF::Xtract;" -> Can't locate PDF/Xtract.pm in @INC (Note my clue was the PDF*<slash>*Xtract)

I decided to remove and start over

ppm> remove PDF::Xtract -> PDF::Xtract is not installed Here's where my confusion started ppm> install PDF::Xtract -> PDF-Xtract is already installed (2nd clue PDF *<dash>*Xtract)
ppm> query PDF::Xtract                -> no matches see help query

Suddenly the light dawns ppm is expecting the name to be PDF*<dash>*Xtract
ppm> query PDF-Xtract                 -> listing for PDF-Xtract
ppm> remove PDF-Xtract        -> remove successful
ppm> install PDF-Xtract                -> installation successful

perl -e "use PDF::Xtract;" -> Can't locate PDF/Xtract.pm in @INC I'm stumped so I look in the directories list in @INC and sure enough Xtract.pm is located in \perl\site\lib instead of \perl\site\lib\PDF

to test

perl -e "use Xtract;"                -> no problema

Case solved and closed.

For those of you who are guru level and are wondering why this person is wasting my time with this post... I can only apologize; but, if your reading this and haven't used ppm very much perhaps this experience will save you some time.
The errors were all my own and mostly syntactical in nature.

Gary Trosper
RTSC